Thursday, February 20, 2014

NYX and Rimmel Kate Lipstick Swatches

Hi lovelies! First of all, I changed my blog name from adventuresoflittlenurse.blogspot.com to littlemisssteph23.blogspot.com, unfortunately all of the comments disappeared but to all those who commented before, thank you very much for the effort. I did this so that it would match my instagram name (if you want to add me in ig, just search for littlemisssteph23, there are more personal pictures of my life there).

I wanted to share with you some of the lipsticks I recently bought. So NYX lip products have been the talk around especially the NYX butter lipsticks. A lot of bloggers say that they are great. Instead of doing swatches of all or most of the butter lipsticks, I pick one of each of their popular lip products. The butter lipstick, the matte lipstick, the extra creamy round lipstick. And I also added a Kate Rimmel lipstick.


1. Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish in 111 Kiss of Life
2. NYX Matte Lipstick in MLS 10 Perfect Red
3. NYX Butter Lipstick in BLS 12 Little Susie
4. NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in LSS 583A Haute Melon




I am a fan of the NYX brand since it is very affordable, you can even buy it in a drugstore. Affordable yet very good quality products. And I like the container of their lipsticks, as they have that transparent/glass part where you can see the shade without opening it, unlike other brands where you have to open each one of them or just guess whatever the shade is inside.


The Rimmel Kate lipstick (Kiss of Life) leaves a very rich matte finish but still moisturizing unlike an old lipstick in another brand I have tried before. I personally like the shade and the finish it leaves especially I find it hard to find the perfect red that is not too drying to the lips.

I am not wearing any kind of make up today! Just powder. x_x


The NYX matte lipstick Perfect Red is very pigmented and long lasting but still not drying to the lips. The shade I bought is a bright blue-toned red. I would say it is darker than the Rimmel Kate lipstick Kiss of Life but I like them both!


goofing around


The NYX butter lipstick is very creamy and hydrating but still gives a full coverage and a satin finish. I have always been a fan of lipsticks that are creamy even if I have to re-touch it a few times in a day. The one I bought is Little Susie, it is a deep pink with yellow undertone shade. It is not one of those very light pink or barbie kind of pink but just the right pink where you can wear it during casual days or even at work.


Lastly, the NYX extra creamy round lipstick. When they say "extra-creamy" they really mean it. Personally, I don't like it even though it is creamy. I think it is just so creamy that you have to re-apply it too many times in order the shade to come out especially that my lips are naturally dark. And another thing, since spring is coming I was hunting for the perfect orange shade lipstick, so I grab this Haute Melon shade. But I don't like the finish it gives and the shade is just so not right for my skin tone and not the kind of orange I was looking for. 



So anyway, if you have any suggestions for a perfect orange lipstick, please comment down below. 

Hope you find this review helpful. :) Blog you later loves!


<3 xoxo
little miss steph

No comments:

Post a Comment